Review sites like Yelp, True Local, and Google Places receive millions of visitors each day. Over the last few decades, these sites have introduced reviews for both local and international brands.These online reviews are one of the vital elements of success – especially for small businesses who do not have enough money for large campaigns and ads.
Why do businesses need to monitor their Yelp, City Search, Google Places reviews?
These online review sites do not inform the business that they are being surveyed. Just to help you stay prepared, here are the reasons why you should monitor these sites often and help your business succeed.
- Monitoring your business’ reviews will give you an customer based evaluation of your business. Since reviewers from these sites are not paid to advertise your company, you will be able to get the most honest review from them.
- With these reviews, you will be able to get a good idea on how the customer views and experiences your services. This is a great opportunity for you to improve the products and services that your business offers.
- Monitoring your business’ reviews will also help you take note of the negative stuff that other people say about the company. Like what was mentioned above, these reviews are a double-edged sword. Evaluating these assessments will help you find a resolution or think of new ideas to make your business better.
- Online reviews have a great influence on a customer’s choice. According to research, more than 80% percent of consumers regularly check online reviews before they go to a restaurant, buy a product or switch brands. The more prominent and positive your reviews are, the higher the chance that customers will contact you.
- Monitoring online review sites will also help you track your business competitors. Knowing this is crucial to keep your company one step ahead of the game.
- Small business could take advantage of the exposure that online review sites provide for free. Free advertising is not something to ignore. These sites pay thousands each month to be found on Google. You can leverage that.
Now more than ever, it is important that businesses recognize the power of the Internet not only for profit but for feedback as well. Online review sites can help your business in so many ways; do not let the opportunity pass you by.
If you would like more information or to take advantage of our Done For You review monitoring service, please call us on 02 4786 0400