200,000 might not sound like a lot but for a 2 year old product it’s doing pretty ok. Heck, I’d like to have those kind of stats when your just getting started. There were more ipad’s sold than any branded desktop computer last year which kind of tells you where your customers are going – online and via a tablet computer – Source
Here’s a breakdown for the Q4 2013 stats. Huge.
- Apple sold 33.8 million iPhones, compared to 26.9 million iPhones in the year-ago quarter, up 26 percent over the year-ago quarter.
- iPhone generated $19.51 billion in revenues for Apple (accounting for 52% of Apple’s revenues), an increase of 17 percent compared to same quarter last year
- 14 million units in channel inventory, which is around 4 weeks of iPhone channel inventory.
- Apple sold 14.08 million iPads, which was flat compared to the year-ago quarter.
- iPad generated $6.19 billion in revenues for Apple (accounting for 16.5% of Apple’s revenues), a drop of 13% compared to the same quarter last year.
- 4.1 million units in channel inventory, 4 to 6 weeks of channel inventory
- Apple sold 3.5 million iPods, compared to 5.34 million iPods over the year-ago quarter, down 35% over the year-ago quarter
- 400 million iCloud customers, up from 320 million in the last quarter.
- App Store is now available in over 155 countries. It has over 1 million apps and 475,000 iPad apps
- Over 60 billion apps downloaded so far
- 4.57 million Macs were sold during the quarter, down 7% over the year-ago-quarter
- 1 billion TV episodes, 390 million movies downloaded until now.
- $4.26 billion in revenues from iTunes, software and services, up 22% over the year-ago quarter
- 416 Apple stores, including 162 outside the US.
- Open 8 new stores in the September quarter.
- Apple made revenues of $4.5 from its retail operations, up 6% from the year ago quarter.
- Average revenue per store was $10.9, compared to $11.2 million in the year ago quarter.
- 99 million visitors visited the stores in the last quarter, which translates into 8500 visitors per store per week.
- Apple posted revenue of $37.5 billion, compared to revenue of $36 billion over the year-ago quarter.
- Apple posted profits of $7.5 billion, compared to profit of $8.2 over the year-ago quarter.
- $8.26 per diluted share, compared to $8.68 per diluted share over the year-ago quarter.
- gross margin between 36.5 percent and 37.5 percent.
- Apple has $146.6 billion in cash at end of the June quarter. Apple added $7.8 billion in the last quarter.
- Apple generated $9.9 billion in cash flow from operations.
- $102 billion in cash is offshore
- Dividend payout of $3.05/share
- Returned $7.8 billion under share repurchase and dividend payments, bringing cumulative payments under our capital return program to $36 billion