Mobile marketing is one of the fastest and most effective ways to reach new and existing customers quickly for both small and large companies. Mobile phones are a part of our everyday life. Did you know that more people have access to mobile devices and smartphones than they do a regular computer?
People are increasingly using their smartphones to make online purchases and download customized apps in order to make their lives easier. Not only does a proper mobile marketing strategy allow you to reach consumers when they are closest to buying, but it is also highly targeted and very cost-effective.
Here is a list of 12 Mobile Marketing Statistics every business should be aware of:
- There are 7 billion people on Earth. 5.1 billion own a cell phone and 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Mobile Marketing Association Asia)
- 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. 70% of online searches result in action in one month. (Mobile Marketer)
- 61% of local searches on a mobile phone result in a phone call. (Google)
- 52% of all mobile ads result in a phone call. (xAd)
- 64% of mobile phone time is spent on apps. (Nielsen)
- 61% of customers who visit a mobile unfriendly site are likely to go to a competitor’s site. (Karim Temsamani at IABALM 2012 via IAB)
- 98% of SMS messages sent are opened, and 83% of them are opened within 3 minutes. (Hubspot)
- SMS has 8 times the response rate of email. (Mobile Marketer)
- 50% of smartphone owners have scanned a QR code. 18% of those have made a purchase after scanning. (Mashable)
- 20% of telecom, 30% of restaurant, and 25% of movie searches are mobile. (Google)
- 9% of smartphone users use their phones to help with shopping and 74% make a purchase as a result. (Google/Ipsos)
- In 2009, 1% of internet traffic came via a mobile device. In 2010 this jumped to 4%. Today, 10% of internet traffic comes via mobile. (Kleiner Perkins)
Like to know more? Check out http://businessmobilemarketing.com.au/